Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yesterday, I desperately needed some serenity, so I decided to go online to read page 449. Couldn't find that page in the new addition. I even called Central Office to find the new number. They said it was page 417.......... I went to my meeting instead.

Today, I found what I was looking for:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

well sober @sundown... glad you stopped by out Sobriety Society,
come and check us out welcome

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Thank you for the warm welcome, shannon.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Clean & Sober,
I hope you will enjoy meeting all the cool recovery bloggers out here.It really is a fun and supportive cyber community!
Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hi Tab,

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to meeting everyone in this sober group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home