Sunday, January 28, 2007

This weekend I have prepared three areas to have concrete poured next Thursday. I asked for bids so I could just pay someone to take care of the work without my involvement. I was willing to pay extra money so I wouldn't have to do any of the labor. When the bids came in I was totally shocked, and certainly not will to pay that much! Granted, I am totally exhausted, but if everything goes as planned I will have saved myself approximately $1422.00. That is using retail labor, retail rental fees for equipment and concrete disposal, and my own time and energy.

On a brighter note, I did have enough energy to go dancing this weekend.........
.

3.5 cubic yards of sand, approximately 25 wheelbarrow's placed in the garage....

.

3" of sand compacted to 110 PSNike, and rebar laid out for tying.
.
Tango redistributing the sand after it was completely level.

9 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Well thank goodness there was enough energy for dancing..yay.

WOW! on the progress.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Cool picture. You have motivated me to do some stuff to our house. Hang in there buddy

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Moly that is a lot of work, Sundown! And then there's Tango, of course -- but you gotta love that, right?
We need to do the very same thing here as soon as it is a bit warmer. And I think we're gonna do it ourselves as well. It's outrageous how much they want for a little conrete work!
Job well done and thanks for showing us with the pics -- I always enjoy that part.
Any fun dancing? KNow what I mean?
Peace,
Scout

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger ArahMan7 said...

It gonna look nice. After all, Tango is helping.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your arms must be so toned! I can see why you would have energy to go out dancin'!

It must feel rewarding (other than tired from all this work) to get this stuff done. What a sense of accomplishment you must be feeling.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Love those two pictures - one with the sand all level and the second with Tango "helping" - you have motivated me enough....to do laundry (and because I have no socks). Sorry, still not a "do-it" person though anytime you want to drop by and tear down a wall or something, you are totally welcome (you know once you finish your house and six months goes by and that itch starts....)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am impressed by your productivity.

And it looks as if Tango loves the cement as well!

Have a good week.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Tango of course, is just doing her bit to help.
And concrete is horribly expensive nowadays.
And always remember, Dancing comes first! Priorities!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger twodogsblogging said...

You go, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home