Sunday, December 31, 2006

Today is New Years Eve. I hope everyone has a safe, and wonderful holiday. I have been enjoying some quiet time this morning going over last year and planning for the next. I have been deciding what I would like to accomplish for 2007, and what I would like to leave behind. This is still a work in progress, and over the next few days I hope to be finalizing my wish list.

I am happy to leave NVF, my ex in the past. There was a lot of good things in that relationship, and she was the catalyst for some wonderful lessons, but it is time to move on. I must leave one of my dancing partners in 2006, too. It was fun, but not worth all the aggravation that stirs inside of me. This year I have made great strides with the concept, "If it doesn't work, move on." and I would like to continue the mastery of that concept.

I am looking forward to finishing my house this coming year. I would like to have more time to focus on life instead of my workload. A nine to five job is in the cards, and a whole lot less exhausting than manual labor.

I am looking forward to learning saber fencing, and training a new puppy. I would like to step out and learn something new and different from the activities I already participate in. I haven't figured that out, but I am doing some serious brainstorming. Will keep you posted.

Happy New Year everyone.

13 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Pammie said...

"If it doesn't work, move on." When I saw this in your post, it jumped right out to me.....as something that I need to incorporate this new year...thanks.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am looking forward to seeing you finish your house! :) I could use a little inspiration at this point.

Just wanted to wish you a very HAPPY and SOBER new year. I wish for you joy, good health and strength.

Love and Friendship,
Gwen

P.S. ~ "If it doesn't work, move on." that worked best for me too in relationships. Not worth wasting the time and energy if it doesn't work.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

happy nude year! Hey, you said you wanted to try something new.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Happy New Year!

I like the "If it doesn't work, move on." I use something simiar to shopping. :) It works, but sometimes I totally forget about it and get in trouble.

I look forward to learning of your experiences (and seeing pictures of updates and growth from a 4 leeged beauty).

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
What did you name the sweet pup?
Peace,
Scout

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

You have a terrific ability to take hold of what's going on inside of you and manifest it in practical creative activity.
I'm confident you'll make good progress on all your goals this year.
Happy New Year!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

You have a terrific ability to take hold of what's going on inside of you and manifest it in practical creative activity.
I'm confident you'll make good progress on all your goals this year.
Happy New Year!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

I'm on a fiscal year, so my year isn't up yet. ;) At any rate, I'm with you on several points. Mainly, for me, is keep on keeping on.

Looking forward to both of our progressions.

happy New to You!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I think for 2007 I need a lovely caring lady who will be a good friend after all I have been single now for nearly 10 years.
The Jungle Telegraph is our works mag which I write.
I work at Hanson making bricks, I think we have a few outlets in the US as well
Anyway Happy New Year and thanks for posting

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger KMae said...

Happy New Year!
Good resolution, If it doesn't work, move on. Yep. Good one.
So is the new fur baby still answering to Haley?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Happy belated New Year.

May it be a good, sober one for you.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I don't have any plans for the 2007 year. maybe I should?
I have not dated in so long I would have to go thru the feelings of a teenager. I think I might live thru those emotions again.

Alright here is my goal's

a. return to AA meetings
b. make contacts with men

Your Alaska friend, forgot my identity information but have it saved some where.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home