Friday, December 01, 2006

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to behave like a normal person. I have a digital camera, a really nice one. It records images on a flashcard. When I bought the camera, I also purchased a 1GB flashcard. I happily took pictures till it was full.

Once the card was full, I transferred all the photos to my laptop. I erased the photos that I considered less important, like the progress shots of my house repairs, or orchids. It was okay to dump these cause there were copies on my computer. However, it was not okay to erase the poodle photos so I left them on the flashcard.

Once the 1GB card was full of only "important" photos I had no choice but to buy another card. So I bought a 2GB flashcard for my camera. I happily took photos till it was full. It wasn't long before this card was completely full of those "important" photos of the dogs........

In the meantime, my laptop was acting kind of weird (or at least more unusual than what a Delll typically does) so in order to preserve my "important" photos, I purchased an external hard drive. I plugged it in and copied all of my "important" photos, and the less important shots to it.

Now, lets do the math. I have photos on my flashcard, my laptop, and an external hard drive. That is on three different physical locations. Could I possible feel stress free about my "important" photos? No, not this alcoholic. Today, I went out and bought a 4GB flashcard so I could continue taking digital photographs.

The only solace I have is that somewhere in one of my books (that are packed up in boxes in the storage container) is a phrase that talks about progress, not perfection.........

14 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger KMae said...

I don't know how to do any of that.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Why do you need to keep the photos on your flashcard when you have copied them to your puter?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger lash505 said...

Flash Cards are the way to learn..right on..

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel ya.
You made me smile with this one.
Peace and flash drives,
Scout

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Camera + Flashcard = lots and lots of photos, except in my case. Haven't filled up one, yet. Gotta remember to take it off the dock-one in awhile.

However, there are some symptoms that I recongnize... hmm.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm glad to know there are others besides me out there who will admit to being just a wee bit obsessive about digital affairs.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

yeah, add in the problem that we have a laptop and a hard drive and we take the laptop on vacations (to photoshop our pics as we go and email them) and totally different ones on our hard drive - so often when we want a picture to get printed at a print shop to show someone (I know, how...retro) - we have a very hard time finding it. - Have you got addicted to movies with your digital camera yet?

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Michael - you've hit the nail on the head.

Deborah - glad we have some obsessions in common.

Daniel - np. admittance is the first step......

Beth - haven't tried the movie options yet. I suppose I should do that before I fill up the 4GB card....

Dave - you said it!

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is time to dust off the book...lol...
In the meantime..here's a question for ya.Do you print any of your pics?I have a huge amount on our computer but never seem to get around to actually having them printed..ugh! that part of the progress is really slow for me.
Hope you are doing well ...
Thanks for sharing

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probaly shouldn't say this but I am. I am gonna add another one to yor list. All those have the potential to fail. DVDs, 2 sets, is a good back up method. Hey I do all of what you speak of too! I also store important info/images/media on my web server.

I totally understand your actions. Hehehe. You're too cute.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Pressies, its a slang term for presents i.e gifts for christmas, thanks for visiting my humble blog

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Yep Daave, you said it.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog today.

I have just the opposite problem. ALL my photos are on my crappy PC. I have no back up. oh my goodness, just writing that gives me the willies. maybe you have just gotten me to do something i really really need to do. Thanks.

Oh, and pressies, my ex from Australia used to say that and I picked it up from him. Americans don't understand that usually, but I like it!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes said...

sounds normal to me--- does that mean there is something wrong with this picture? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home