Thursday, February 22, 2007




Today is another milestone in the rebuilding saga. My house is finally waterproof. The stucco guys finished the lathing part of the project today. They kept me hopping since Monday cutting wood, nailing lath into concrete, and I even put up the waterproof paper. I am once again exhausted, but tonight it is a good "exhausted". I will be ready for the next rainstorm this evening.

The toughest part of this job was these guys like to sit around at the end of the day and drink beer. The owner would disappear an hour before quitting time, put together a cooler of beer, and come back to chit chat. I never told them that I am in recovery. I don't think that would make this experience go smoothly, so I have been tolerating drinking at my house. The part that really drives me nuts is that they throw their beer cans all over the place. I keep pointing out where the recycle bin is, but they don't retain that info by the time they finish a beer. Tomorrow, I will go and pick them up, along with all the cigarette butts lying around.

All in all, I think I chose the right contractor to do the stucco job. Even with all their whining they did a lot of extra work, and they did a phenomenal job. So far it looks great. I didn't take pictures before sun set, but I will take some tomorrow and post them.

Now, it's time to go dancing..........

6 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are getting the rain right now. It is so beautiful given we don't get rain here often. It is more beautiful when you are in a home that is leak-proof, so glad you got all this done.

My dad worked in construction (he is not even 50 yet but forced into retirement cuz of his drinking) and when I was growing up his yellow Ford pick up would be filled with empty Miller Lite cans. I remember the smell from the drops remaining in the cans.

Your emotions are so collective towards the actions of these men drinking. I really admire that.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger ArahMan7 said...

After a hard day works, it's time to go dancing..........

Good for you.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Hope you had fun dancing. Glad you're water-proofed.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Go dance, and enjoy.

You are actually getting quite a bit of work done, one day at a time.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Horaay, both contractor and waterproof finished! Hope you had a good weekend.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house is looking great, Sundown.
Now go dance!
Peace,
Scout

 

Post a Comment

<< Home