Sunday, November 19, 2006

I have been dancing with a particular woman for several months. I love to dance with her, and we dance really well together. It is definitely 'Poetry in Motion'. The problem is that she drinks. We tried dating, and a few other things.... but the drinking was always in between us. Last night she was giving all her attention to another woman from out of town.

I hate being ignored, and this woman that I love to dance with, was acting like I wasn't in the room. What can I say, I am a alcoholic that has to deal with my feelings without the aid of mind altering chemicals, and after all this time, I still don't do it well. I just can't hide what I am feeling weather it is a good feeling, or one of those not so good feelings.

So, everyone I talked to asked, "What's the matter?" I told a close friend that everyone kept asking what was wrong with me. I was really okay with the situation, and I had plenty of dancing partners for the evening. He leaned over, and whispered in my ear, "Just tell them that you are constipated."

The smile hasn't left my face since he uttered those words. I am so fortunate to have good friends who understand the value of simple solutions.

9 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah ...friends who are cool like that are the real keepers huh?
Hope you find some new tango shoes to tap with soon...?
thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Sorry you had to endure the insensitive dancing partner. Glad you have good, sensible friends to stand by your side.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Sounds like a good friend!

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh thank goodness for humor. Damn that alcohol, it is so selfish.

Wishing you some pre-Holiday joy. (I know, sounds cheezy but I am still sending it your way).

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a beautiful Holiday tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

That sounds like a good friend to have. Sorry about the other...sounds like she doesn't know who's she's missing!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is an awesome response and put a smile on my face too.

Glad your sober and could deal with the situation even when it felt like caca.

Have a safe and sober Thanksgiving.

Luv and friendship~
Gwen

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Happy T-Day. I have used the "constipated" thing. It works. Have a beautiful day. Keep dancing.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Sounds like the Dancing Queen friend has her priorities mixed up.
Your others friend's remark is priceless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home