Friday, March 02, 2007

My worst day sober, and I have had quite a few, is infinitely better then my best day drunk. Every single molecule of my being understands this, and I would never forfeit a single sober experience, or my sobriety for anything.

I know that for me I could never use normally, and I never did. My first drunk was at ten years old. I went to my parents liquor cabinet, and drank a half quart of whiskey. I would take three or four mouthfuls and walk around waiting for the sensations to take effect. Nothing happened. I didn't feel any different so I would return to the liquor cabinet for more. I wanted to know what it was like to get drunk. From that point on I never drank socially; I only drank and used drugs to feel their effects on me.

What sobriety has given me is the opportunity to fully experience life, to be fully present. I have been able to explore many wonderful things, and I look forward to new experiences. For that I am truly grateful.

7 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple yet profound.
I hear you on you on this one Sober.Life is so full of rich experiences when we live clean and sober.I would much prefer to live with some of my "issues" than back in denial.Wonderful post..thank you for sharing.
ps.Been tango dancing with the tiger sharks lately ? lol

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Thank you for sharing, Sober@SunDown.

And I'm looking forward to new experiences too.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger lushgurl said...

Yes I agree totally with you, there is nothing so bad in my life today that drinking would not immediately make worse. Yesterday I celebrated 9 months of clean and sober living, and I am loving life today, all of life, because I can feel!
I read once that one was too many and a tousand not enough (drinks that is)...how true!

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

A sober life can be soooooooooo different!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger KMae said...

I so agree!
Alleluia!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger TitanThirteen said...

Good on you for sticking it out :o)
There's no victory without sacrifice is there?

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If ever I even get the thought I could use normal I think how I am with Oreos. Ha! I know exactly what you mean. I love my sober life even when it is hard it is beyond my wildest dreams. Hope you have a great week.

Gwen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home