Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's day is tough for me. My mother passed away in '99, and I am slowly recovering from her absence. I don't cry as often, but I still cry as hard. Sometimes, I feel like she is the only one who never gave up on me. She never stopped believing in me. She has been the only person that was always there for me.

I hooked up with my last girlfriend on Mother's Day 2 years ago. We had a standing joke that it was my mother that sent her to me. My two most important girls were not with me this year. I didn't give myself time to be sad - I went dancing instead. There was a Gator festival here on the west coast so we did some swing dancing.

I just met these new dance buddies, and today I found out that one of them was raised in the Midwest approximately 15 miles from where I grew up. She went to the same college as my ex, and get this - she has been sober for 22 years. What are the odds of that happening? Funny how things can just fall into place.

Today is good.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

this seems to happen much too often when sober

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole new dancing thing seems to be more fun in more ways than one,keep danc'in my friend:)
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

Very Good Indeed.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

You are an important gal, so of the 3, 2 were not present. Sobriety has many wonderful elements that ties us together -- the longer u are sober the more u will see.

I hang onto this, I want to see more. I try not to forget, however, what is right in front of me today.

No co-incidence in your life, there is magic happening . . .

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Nothing happens by accident it God's world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home