Friday, March 09, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday I demo'ed the back yard overhang. I don' really know what else to call it. It was a structure 20'x20' that wasn't built very well, and ready to fall over. I have always hated that overhang. It was made of 2x4 posts, and 2x6's placed 16" on center with blocking in-between. On one side it had a 4x12 beam, and it was covered in corrugated tin. It was so ugly and my backyard seems bright and huge with it gone.

Friday the dumpster arrived and I started the exhausting job of hauling construction debris. Normally it takes 4
days to fill it, but I need to get it done in three. The concrete dumpster, along with the concrete demo guys will be here on Monday. I need to remove the concrete patio in the back before the stucco gets applied so the removal doesn't damage the new stuff. Then, the stucco guys will be here on Tuesday.

What I didn't say in my last post, but was thinking is that I am, and will always be grateful for sobriety and the program. The thing that I struggle with is being around alcohol. I am just tired of being around it, and always on guard. Outside of AA, and a few isolated activities like fencing, mining etc, I interact with a lot of normal people who drink normally. They don't have a problem with drinking, I do. I just wish it wasn't such an ever present issue with me.

7 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Thank you for sharing. I too struggle and always on alert. I know I can relapse any time and I'm grateful for NA.

Happy weekend.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Syd said...

I'm glad that the demolition went well. I feel the same way about alcohol but see it as a lot of people who drink way too much and not normally. Most of the people in the bars after 10 PM around here are probably drunk. There's a lot more people with problems out there than those who have just a social drink.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Hi. Your awareness is a beautiful thing. Still building on the house. Keep it up!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously dislike being around alcohol, too, Sundown -- seriously dislike it.
Your house is really, really coming together now, isn't it? It is awesome to be able to watch its (your) progress.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Sounds like things are progressing nicely.

Keeping you in my thoughts. :)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger KMae said...

I can be around the drinkers (& usually am inwardly grateful that I won't be feeling like shit the next day as they will) but I can NOT be around pot or coke or other drug users. And definitely not cigarette smokers. They stink. They just do.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did some pics! I have done nothing with the room I started to demolish. We now just call it the Ghetto Crack House Decor~

Have a great week~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home