Friday, June 22, 2007

I think I am suffering from bloggers block. No, I think I am suffering from, "I don't want to do anything I don't want to do." Unfortunately, I have a lot of things that need to be done, and that mindset is very debilitating.

For example, I have been procrastinating soldering the hot and cold water piping for my new washing machine location. Last week I did all the brand new fittings, and when it came time to connect the new piping to the old I found other things to grab my attention.

The problem is that the piping in my house is very old and corroded. In order to get a good solder joint you have to file and sand the old pipe to get it smooth without a single blemish. Otherwise the solder won't hold, and there is water everywhere.

Today, by the grace of something outside of myself, I managed to cut the old pipes, file, sand and solder them together. Out of 32 solder joints I only had one bad one. It just happened to be the connection to the old piping. So the soldering is done, the water is back on. It took more energy avoiding the job than actually doing it. You would think this old dog would learn......

Tango at 6 months.

7 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Tango is such a princess! Is this her prom pic?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hi Daniel,

She is not quite ready for prom - I will have to put her in adult show clip for that.....

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You would think this old dog would learn...."
fluffy, pretty, white, funny, new tricks!
Hi, Tango! I wish I could come over and play with you cause you look ready to go!
Sundown, I am impressed with all of what you know how to do on your own. MY gf knows how to do a lot of stuff, but she's not in your league either. We will both bow to you.....;-)
Peace,
Scout

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you sure know how to handle you own affairs in regard to home updates :) It is a different language, how you speak about soldering and such. Glad that all is working out for you and your precious Tango -- not sure if you give her baths or take her to get groomed. I assume you are her personal stylist???

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Thank you Scout! You can come by and play with Tango anytime.

SC - Yes, Tango has her own personal stylist that brushes her, bathes, shaves and scissors her. Oh, forgot the blow drying part..... and then there is the ear cleaning and toe nail grinding. That stylist would be me.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Tina said...

This article was really helpful, thanks for posting it. When I needed help with
xanax addiction I knew that there was help that I could find.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger John said...

For over 10 years I was an addict and needed alcohol abuse detox help. When I got the help I needed, I could start living my life again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home