Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, I promised Scout that I would model my new cool shorts for her and post a photo. I haven't ironed them yet, so I will have to update this post with a photo. I promise I will do that before the week is out.

I feel like I am cruising on a plateau right now. I am not making a great deal of progress on my house probably because I am feeling a bit burned out. The last heavy rain exposed a cesspoool in my back deck. The previous owner didn't want to dig up the slab to connect the washing machine drain to the main pipe so he dug a big hole in the back, added the drain line outside then covered it up with the deck. It went undiscovered till a few weeks ago. This new project was added to my ever expanding list of things to do, and pushed me a bit past my limit. I became discouraged.

Discouragement is not good for an alcoholic like me. It slows me down into complete inactivity. Luckily, I have been there before, and can see it coming, so I am able to use the tools that the program teaches. Every day I would "Suit up and Show up"; I did all I could "Just for Today"; and I told myself daily, "You are not required to like it, you're only required to DO it". Consequently, I have been making progress, and I have the plumber coming at the end of the week to finish installing the new drain line. Then I can fill in the hole in my kitchen.

On a positive note, I entered some photos into a county fair today. I have been wanting to enter prints in this fair for many, many years. Every year the deadline would come and go. Every year I would regret that I forgot to pay attention. This year I managed to meet every deadline, and entered 4 prints. Now I will wait to see if any are accepted.

6 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

That's fantastic....about the prints and the fair. Not so much the cess pool, previous owner's shortcuts and being discouraged.

However, having the tools to combat the discouragement~~priceless. (to coin a phrase).

Good Luck with the Fair decision. :)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I admire your ability to "just keep going". It seems like a lot of life's problems are solved by perserverance.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Personally, I think anyone would be more than a little depressed finding a cesspool under the deck - I would probably need to "Run away from home" a few times. So huzzah for making progress.

When can we see the pics you entered for the fair, I would very much like to.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um....the shorts? the shorts? waiting on the shorts!
Cool about entering your pics in the fair, woman! I think that's awesome. Do we get to see them, too?????
Peace,
Scout

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger KMae said...

wow, you really ARE amazing!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hello Friends,

Thanks for your support.

I don't want to jinks anything by posting photos that I entered. It will be several weeks before any decisions will be made on acceptance. I will keep you posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home