Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Well, my friend has decided that she is not interested in going to meetings anymore. She told me that she felt humiliated and embarrassed to go back to meetings again, and that for the first time she felt that she didn't belong in a twelve step meeting. Since this is a program of attraction rather than promotion, I told her that if she ever wanted to go to a meeting, or needed to talk she could call me. I still hope that someday before it is too late she sets aside her pride and returns.

I don't know how it happened, but my life has become really complicated. I am trying to fit in a lot of different, interesting things, and I am running short on time. I now have days where I must pick between three and four different activities to do that evening. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for such a full life. Long ago there was a time when I would pour myself a drink, sit on the couch, light up a joint, and think about all the cool things I could do that day. I would spend the entire day inside my mind and never move a muscle. I am so grateful those days are gone, and I get to choose how to make my life exciting.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your description of how it use to be is deep. Now you are really living, not depriving yourself of the gift of each day. I seek this, and thank you for living it and showing it can be done.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

How great to have so many choices available, and to be able to reflect back on the positive choices that have brought to this place.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I am still struggling to move out of that mindset. Thinking an dplanning is so much easier than doing. You said it it's a choice. Thank you for sharing your life on this journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home