Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My friend has decided that she is not ready for NA. I guess the fear of using Meth again has subsided a bit and she has decided that she can carry on without any significant impact. I saw her Saturday night and she was drinking. I hate to see someone bump along the bottom, but all I can do is wait till she is ready. In the meantime I have to keep my distance.

I think I am getting tired of home improvements. There is still so much work to be done, and the progress is slow. I finally have a waterproof house with 2 of the 3 layers of stucco applied. I am aware of my gratitude when it rains. It has been over five years since I could sleep through a night if the wind was blowing or it rained. The last couple of rains I woke up, said to myself, "Oh, it's raining", and rolled over to drift off again. What a treat.
.

Stucco in the front of the house.
.

Stucco in the rear of the house.


8 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your last post and this one. I am sorry that we put our loved ones thru this. Makes me FEAR to have children some day. What monster I could create? A little me, yikes, scary.

Forgetting about today, it is all about today. May your friend find her way back into the loving arms of NA.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

sorry your friend continues to bump along the bottom. being there when she's ready..yes.

dry=good!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Bump along to bottom, you said it all!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I'm sorry about your friend.

Love the house. :)

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm truly amazed what you have accomplished with your house/home.
I know that when your friend is ready for change, you'll be there to help. That's a powerful thing.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your love and support. I am done, have a new sobriety date and am ready to this again.

I fell hard, but I will not let it define me. :)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, it is looking really great!

Hope your friend can hit bottom soon. Prayers coming out.

Gwen~

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Bottoms are required. I admire all the work you're putting into your house. You should be real buff by now. Have a good Easter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home