Monday, April 23, 2007

It has been an entire year since I started this blog. I created it after I found my ex's secret blog where she wrote of all her indiscretions. In the beginning I wrote of my pain of loosing the relationship that I believed would last forever. It took a long, long time to let go of all the good things that we shared together.

But now, time has passed and my cynicism has returned. Sometimes I wonder if that is a defense mechanism, or just part of my core personality. I am leaning towards the latter. I still wonder how I managed to exist in such an abusive, emotionally draining relationship. The more I tried to fixed things, the more she dished out. I can't imagine where we would be now if we had stayed together, but I can guarantee it would not be healthy.

There are couples out there that stay together forever, and with a little effort, I thought I could be one of them. Maybe that will never happen, or maybe it is in my future. Whatever happens, I know that I have finally arrived at a level of acceptance with relationships.

I am grateful that others found this blog interesting enough to read, and offer support and comments. Thank you all for being there for me as I struggle to find my way, and rediscover who I am.

9 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1 yr bloggy anniversary. I remember all that you speak about when u first started this up. It has been wonderful to see you heal, grow thru it and remain sober!

Life on Life's terms = Hope!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Happy blog anniversary. I can't speak for anyone else, but it has been my plesaure to visit with you here.

May Peace Be With You.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Texaco said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Texaco said...

Happy Anniversary! Every time I read about another LGBT person in recovery a voice in my head says "yes, yes, yes! It was just like that for me!" Even though our stories differ in the sorry details they seem to align at the core.

Keep commin' back!

Chris M
Boise, ID
Methedup.net

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Congrats.
I keep coming back.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

happy blog anniversary - Interesting how her emotionally destructive blog energy you turned into a creative and reaching out blog.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Lonnie said...

Fairly new to this, just wanted you to know I can relate. Relationships are the one thing at the top of my sober list to work on. I know I have played a part, but dammit, some people really do have more heart than others. Trust is a huge issue, especially for us. Please blog me more as you figure it out so I can be fixed too! :)

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger KMae said...

Yay for you!!!
It's good to read other sober blogs!
And congrats for moving past the pain of that relationship. I know that type of addiction is JUST as insane as all the others! oh yeah.

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging and I found yours for the first time today. Happy blogging anniversary.

About relationships: the Doobie Brothers (way, way back there) had a great line in one of their songs-- you always have a chance to give up, so why do it now? I've used that a lot in sobriety.

Saw you liked the movie of Tipping the Velvet. I work as a journalist and interviewed Sarah Waters, who wrote the book, when her second book came out and found her a treat to talk to.

Have a lovely, hopeful day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home