Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today is Mothers Day. My mother is no longer on this planet so to honor her memory I go shopping and buy myself a present or two, or three.......

There were many sales going on today which seems kind of strange. You would think that people would have already bought presents for their mothers and be hanging with them today. Anyhow, no self-respecting lesbian can pass up a tee-shirt on sale. So I bought seven of them..... and a really cool pair of shorts. It was a fun experience. I rarely go out and shop for myself.

My friend, Georgia is really driving me nuts. She doesn't want to commit to not drinking. She just wants to figure out how to control her drinking. It is very apparent that she has no control, and when she drinks she behaves badly. It doesn't matter how I see things, she needs to come to her own conclusions, and make her own decisions. I just hope I can survive her process, and I truly hope she chooses to get clean and sober. In the meantime she has agreed to go to three meetings a week. Progress, not perfection.

Tango is 6 months old. I don't know what happened to that little puppy, but she has grown into a beautiful adolescent brat. I need to focus more on training, and less on how cute she is....... I absolutely adore her and she gets away with a lot of very bad behavior.


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I salute your bravery.

6 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

It's all part of the Total Entertainment Package.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mad me laugh hard with the T-shirt and any self-respecting Lesbian comment -- how very true! And you did us proud by getting seven of them! Way to go, woman! Can we see the cool shorts? I love me some shorts, too.
Tango is adorable and certainly doesn't look like much of a pup anymore. Sounds like she is acting like one though ;-)
As for the moderating thing with your pal? Geez, I could tell her all about my big plan with moderation management several years ago. Followed a whole program and everything--for about a day. I pointed out my LACK of control though so maybe she will see it in time.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

I adore t-shirts and if I could get away with wearing them to work-more often, I'd buy more.

...she needs to come to her own conclusions, and make her own decisions yes, she does. perhaps she will, soon.

pups are cute so they can get away with bad behavior. you will get a handle on her, i'm sure. very cute, though.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Seven - way to go! Shorts, hmmm, still not happy enough about my knees to wear shorts.

Georgia - you are braver than me, this is not a process I could hang on for - certain relatives had problems in this area and I grew up convinced if I gave in to alcohol, I would become them - thus I tend to run away - you seem very centred though frustrated, though still very supportive, I think Georgia is lucky to have a friend like you.

Go Tango - be cuter!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Tango looks gorgeous! Hard to believe she's already a teen ager. Has she discovered boys yet?

I never buy clothes for myself. I wait 'til things fall apart before shopping. I must be a bad gay.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how cuteness can get you out of all kinds of jams. Our furry cuties sure know how to work us!

Hope you found some good shirts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home