Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's a good thing that my ex is in Boston. It has given me the time to unscramble myself, and get my feet back on the ground. I spent too much time trying to fix our relationship, and she just waiting for the next one to start. I can see that now.

I really shouldn't be shocked, after all, she started with me before she ended her last relationship. Somehow in my twisted mind I thought I was special; this relationship was special. I truly believed we would stay together forever. In reality, my love for her was special. She enabled me to love deeper than I have ever loved before. I was finally willing to be truly committed.

So, as she got more and more into men, I became more insecure. She refused to stop what she was doing and I was incapable of feeling confident about our relationship. The more I tried to be the person she could love, the worse she would treat me. I refuse to see what was happening because I cherished the good things between us.

Through all the turmoil that was created I was still able to keep my heart open to her. I was exhausted and beaten to a pulp, but I still believed we could make the relationship work.

I have been consciously closing my heart to her, and setting her free. This, as you know, has been a difficult task, but each day it I am getting better at it. She has shown me how important a partnership has become for me. I am slowly becoming grateful for my time with her. For me that is progress.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sensing your own progress is the best thing you could discover right now Sober.I love to hear people share through thier blogs because
there is always inspiration to be found in posts like these, where personal progress is noted.
Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Ya know, I went through the same type situation as I spiralled downt the drain with my alcoholism. It wasn't until I had done Steps 1-9 that I could really Let Him Go.
Seeing my part in the relationship first. Talking it over with my sponsor. Then finally making amends to him. Once that was done, it changed my entire outlook.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

What beautiful growth you are allowing yourself to have. I understand this love. Your gratitude for the experience will make you obtain more peace within each day that passes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home