Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Well, it's official - my Ex has already hooked up with some man. I knew she was with someone, but she was incapable of being honest about it. I am quite relieved, and sometimes quite happy that she will be gone soon.

She will be leaving the city, hopefully, next month. Then, I will never have to worry about running into her again, or getting soft and contacting her. Maybe life with a man will be more grounding for her. I am so exhausted from all the drama, but I have reached a point where I can wish her well, and shut the door on this chapter.

Time to move on, and start thinking about how I want to rebuild my life. I found this blog the other day, and was so moved by one of it's entries. It is the "What I Love About You" list located at http://www.todolistblog.com/ (don't know how to do the link....).

At one time I had this type of free forming passion for my Ex, but I couldn't sustain it. For those of you in long term relationships - How do you maintain your passion for your partner as time goes by? How do you sustain a positive relationship?

7 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

How? One day at a time Buddy, one day at a time.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Since you're no longer in a relationship, dont' worry about it for now. It'll put unnecessary stress and pressure on you.
Step 3.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

We have to accept people, places and things as they are, whether we like them or not. That being said, if a relationship is not working for you, you have the choice to accept it and move on as well.

Have a good evening.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh heheheheheeh...I know I know!!
BUT that is for YOU to discover on your journey..! Everyone is different.For now,you sound like you have alread gained a little ground with yourself being single.
Enjoy & Embrace yourself...
A true romance will catch up to ya!
Great post,thanks for sharing~

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Rex said...

Sounds like you are in a good place. Enjoy the journey and take it one day at a time. I have been passionately in love with the same man for 22 years and I am not even sure how it has happened. We have had ups and downs along the way, but at the end of the day we resolve conflicts and start the next day fresh as the first day of our lives.....other than that I can't tell ya.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hey there sober out west! sounds like everyone covered it all... hope your day went well thanks for sharing the other post abut what I love about you

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Ohhh TAB, you got it. I know too but had to dicover this for myself, as you will too.

For now you have enough to deal with in regard to your recovery. Take time to build the realtionship with yourself, give yourself a chance in the life of sobriety (or freedom from addiction).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home