Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I decided to be responsible the last several days, and design the electrical circuitry for my house. I am going to rewire my house, and have the electricians put in a new service. I almost have it all down on paper. I still need to account for one light and 2 receptacles..... Oops.

Last Saturday I stopped by my fencing club to pay my dues for the month. In order to avoid a certain someone, who you have all heard about, I haven't gone fencing for two months. My ex is a very good fencer, and she got me started in the sport. While we were together, I became very passionate about fencing, and after we split, I didn't know if I could maintain that passion. So, I decided to appear in person and see how I currently felt about the sport, and the people there.

I received such a wonderful, and warm welcome from my buddies and coach, that it made me really happy. I didn't realize that I missed them so much. Tonight, my Tango buddies decided that dancing wasn't in the stars, so I went fencing instead. I went to the hour group lesson, and fenced the "really good" fencers for an hour after that.

Tonight my soul is content, although my body is a bit sore. I realized that I really miss fencing. It is a thrill trying to hit someone with a three foot ice pick, and not get hit in return. I missed all the dorky guys, and my favorite lefty, who always kicks my ass. Tonight I discovered that I do still have the passion for fencing. Deal with it, she must, because I will be back..........

10 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Don't tell anyone but, I have always wanted to try fencing

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Tiffanie said...

Good for you

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Great job!

A quite mind and a peaceful heart are the true gifts of sobriety.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fencing and Tango dancing!?
That kicks total ass woman!!!

I had to laugh when I read your post
at first ..I thought..this girl must have been pretty @#$%^&* cute
for Sober to climb into a fencing
outfit LOL !
If your up to staying with that hobby out of shere pleasure and challenge..go for it.
I hope you don't have to fence off with your ex though..look out! lol

Now how about that kitchen?!

Thanks for sharing and I totally HAVE to see an HNT picture next week with you in your fencing outfit !!!!! You don't have to actually be "half nekkid"!!!!!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

LOL, Tab carack's me up.

It is great to hear that you are re-discovering this outlet of fencing in your life again. When will we Sober in that outfit then???

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Way to go!! You earned the right to be there. Strut!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear youre going back

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy weekend Sober@Sundown,
hope you haven't fried yourself while rewiring your house..
did I just hear a ZAP ..
vvvvvv....zizzle ... zizzle!!!?

what's that smell?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Thank you all for your support.

Trudging, go for it. You only live once.....

Tab, my ex is very beautiful, but she went back to fencing for me. And, I fell in love with it. I don't think she will be back to the club for a while. We are both doing better not seeing each other.

The only other person at the club with a camera is my ex. I don't think she would be willing to come in and take a picture of me. I will see if I can find an old photo........

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

I am glad you are coming back to fencing - it takes a special person to realize how fun it is to pay money to bruise people (male ego deflating at no extra charge). cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home