Sunday, July 09, 2006

I am pretty tired this evening. I spent this weekend digging trenches so my house and garage footings can be formed this coming week. I was swinging a pick and shovel in full 90 degree sun on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes I wonder where my sanity has gone. I don't think a normal person would do this.

My previous Ex, (not NVF) called me this morning crying. She had to take one of our poodles into the emergency hospital. Apparently, Cricket is going into liver failure, and jaundiced overnight. Cricket is a little doll. Her only fault is that she loves to be heard, and is very adamant about it. Her time is limited here on earth, and it saddens me to see her go.

My world is getting pretty empty. They always say, "When one door closes, another one opens". I wonder if people just say that phrase to make you feel better, or if it is really true. Has there been any type of study done on common phrases, and their validity? I don't really believe in this phrase, but I will keep track of how many doors open during the remainder of this year, compared to how many have closed.

It doesn't sound like it, but I did have a good weekend........

8 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your so funny.
Yes, I beieve you had a good weekend AND You probably have lost your mind doing all that work yourself,but think of the money you are saving!!! LOL..just kidding:P
You can kick me if you want.lol
I am not sure why you are wondering about the doors woman..seems to me it was just a few posts ago you were heartaching over your ex and staring at a money pit of a kitchen fix it up job.You sound like you have had LOTS to deal with BUT ARE dealing with it and in fact , I would have to say anyone willing to pick up a shovel in that heat, kicks ass and or is insane.You decide.I am thinking you are probably both...lol..sorry!kidding!
Keep us posted, thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

Sorry about the doggie. Congrats on the hard work. I think there is nothing that makes a person feel so good as a job well done, particularly if it was very difficult.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger mal said...

"another door opens" does come across a bit trite. Certainly change is ongoing and the loss of something also implies that something else has or may be gained.

Good luck on the house! Pick and Shovel? You are a better person than me!!!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Sometimes the hall to the next door is a little long. Our walk to it seems likes eons, but try to try to see the seeping thru from under neath that door.

You have lots going on, dealing with one event after another. Of course it is gonna seem like havoc, and many times we fight against time. Step back and look at your progress, they may seem minute but are truly grand.

Thanks 4 your share!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Sundown,
THis is my first time to your blog ;) I agree with MC, sometimes there is nothing better than working hard. It feels good. It is the un~sloth ;)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

You are fairing well. That's a beautiful thing. With me, when a door shuts, and one has, I have to turn around and "look" for the other door, and pull the knob. Oh, I advise turning it first...

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

So sorry to hear about Cricket's illness. Losing a pet is as bad as losing friend or family, for me. I hope the vet can ease her pain so that her passing is as comfortable as possible.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Thanks for stopping by and lending your support. My life is so full of changes, and I am not accepting them as graciously as I could. Working on my house has given me focus that I haven't had in a while. The hard work is paying off mentally, as well as physically. I am starting to get buffed for Pride in a few weeks......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home