Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Today was a milestone - I got my building permits! The city issued this 5-4, petite lesbian building permits to rebuild her house. I am so jazzed. I did this without the aid of an architect, or structural engineer, or contractor. They all tried to convince me that I needed them.

Now, I should probably tie this into living sober since that is what this blog is suppose to be about..... I believe that if I would attempt such a daunting task while using, I would never get past the point of thinking about rebuilding. I would spend my days analyzing how to rebuild, spend my nights talking about it, and wake up the next day to do it all over again.

Sobriety has given me the opportunity to live life to the fullest, the motivation do what needs to be done, and the ability to find some time to still have fun. For that, I am grateful.

Today was a good day. Life is good.

5 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Some of us have a hard time accepting help. A lot of straight men are quite useful. LOL I admire you stick-to-it-tiveness. Gratitude is a beautiful thing. When construction is finished, relax and pat yourself on the back. Keep it up! Way to go!!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
GO GURL GO GURL GET IT DONE

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

That is some GREAT stuff.
Ain't it amazing?!?!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just keep on truck'in dont'cha?
Keep us posted..you sound good.
Thanks for sharing !!!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home