Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tonight is Halloween. I love this holiday! In my distorted mind it seems normal to see people dressed up in fictional characters. I went to Dykea today to buy a small, cheap couch, and the employees were all dressed in costume. All I did was smile as the witches, warlocks, and pirates walked around the store. Wouldn't it be a cooler planet if there were a variety of beings that lived here?

Over the last week I have suffered through some disappoints. Nothing life threatening, or event changing; I just didn't get what I wanted. After a number of these disappointments, I had to look at myself, and figure out why I was unhappy. It was apparent that I had very high expectations of how certain people in my life should behave, and when they didn't follow my script I was disappointed. My outlook improved when I let go of these expectations, and just let people live their own lives.

Happy Halloween everyone.

10 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger KMae said...

Yes, it IS very annoying when folks don't BEHAVE they way I think they should. Just what is wrong with them ALL?
Happy Birthday, BTW!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Yes, the world would be more interesting.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

I agree..variety = interesting.

How true about expectations of others behavior. Letting go, easy to say, hard to do-but a must. In the vernacular of my daughter,'I feel you, girl.' -Hang in-

My second job spot had a contest-but I don't work on Tuesdays (darn) The day job spot--nope, we all arrived in our usual gear. What a drag.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe, sounds like a fun experience getting a couch. Sounds like a pitch for a movie.

Those expectations, blah. They are in a World of their own. Glad to learn your plan of action and the peaceful results offered from it. Hope you had a blast last night. Now we are off to the next season.

Happy November . . . and birthday not natal?

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Happy Halloween (belated) to you!!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy November. Just catching up on your blog. Agreed--you rock and are very talented with the "handi-work."
Peace,
Scout

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

I like this idea, every day should be costume day - much more interesting, if there were a few pirates, wizards, vampires, princesses and wonder woman's on every bus ride.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Happy belated Halloween! Varied and interesting indeed.

Today, I am celebrating 15 years of sobriety, and I wanted to share this with you.

Have a good week.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sober@Sundown..hope all is well in your world..guess you are busy devouring the latest in Lush products...don't over due it..lol
Hope to see a fresh post soon:)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Next sunday, Sober Chick.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home