Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I went to my Mycological Society meeting tonight. I was a bit worried about going since it was an activity that my ex and I use to do together. She got me interested in mushroom hunting, and I needed to go and renew my membership without her attached to it.

It turned out to be a good experience. There was a raffle, and I bought 5 tickets. The first item I won was a bag of Hot & Spicy, Shiitake Mushroom Primal Strips. They are meatless jerky made from mushrooms. Then, I won a wonderful book, Mushrooms of North America, by Roger Philips (I hope my blog doesn't come up in Google searches....). It has over 1000 color photographs, and very detailed descriptions of mushrooms. I am so happy I won this book - my ex took all her mushroom books with her when she left. Now, I might be able to understand all these brainiacs when they talk to me.

My belly button birthday is coming at the end of the week (stay tuned, my AA birthday is next month). I have planned a wide variety of activities to keep me busy. I figured I would be without any interesting dates, but to my surprise, a woman is taking me out for a Sushi dinner. Then we will be going dancing. She loves to dance, and more importantly, she loves to dance with me.

This weekend, I am going to drive over to the Lush store, and buy some soap. Did I ever mention that I am a total soap whore? Well, I am. After I am done shopping I am going to meet with another fellow blogger for coffee. It is a weekend I am looking forward to.

Guess it ain't so bad being single..........

10 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

Being single opens up an infinite number of choices.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Mmmmmm, Lush... have fun!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy fungus batman....!

You act on more interests in your life Sober @ Sundown than most people ever do..now that is what I call living lavita loca :)


I LOVE LUSH!!!!
The chocolate lip whip is a constant when I am awake..luuuv it.
And the Lavander melt in your hands massege bar is phen-nom :P I like to huff it once in a while too for a quick aromatherapy fix..

Great to hear you have a lovely eventing to look forwards to with sushi and dancing..oh yeah..and a date..lol..have a good time:)

You sound just great Sober@Sundown.
Let us know what you bought from Lush...Thanks for sharing~

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I love mushroom hunting! We have morells (spelling?) in the area that the girls and I always go after.

I'm a soap/lotion/body anything whore myself. It got so bad that I just started making the stuff myself!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoooo Hoo you coming ot town. I got your email and will write back. I will suggest a place to meet, somewhere close to the Lush store. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

So many celebrations happening. Whoo-Toot!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like much fun. Especiallly the dancing with someone who likes dancing with YOU!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Activities are cool. I have picked mushrooms too. The really good kind. I can't remember what they are called! I also picked Liberty Caps, the kind that make you see things that are not there! UGH! Oh, being single can be very cool. Good for you!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds like you had a good time, and what a great prize to win shatake mushrooms.

Being alone is not so bad, when we learn to enjoy our own company.

Hope that your good times continue.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Guess it ain't so bad being single..........

You're definitely on a roll.
Way to take back your life,
and your date sounds promising

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

All sounds like fun, especially the dancing..so hope it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home