Saturday, September 23, 2006


I finally have a roof. A real roof that will hold all the rain out. Today was the first time I looked at the clouds, and didn't have any panic stirring within me. For the last four years I have been totally stressed when it rains. I have not slept through a single rainy night. I would wake up, and walk around the house to make sure the water wouldn't blow a circuit, and start a fire. There is a sense of calm, and gratitude inside me that I haven't had for a long, long time. It feels good!

Here are my progress photos:
.
Applying the hot mop to the flat roof.
.
The roofers applying shingles.

.
The new roof!

10 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow it is really shaping up! I can only imagine the sense of relief you have. A weight has been lifted.

Hope your having a great weekend!

G~

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not even begin to imagine how great you must feel now Sober@Sundown!?
Congrats on getting this far with your beautiful home sweet home.
I know you have come a long way..
hmm..your home is like a symbolic journey of your life maybe?

Things are really looking up and I love that you post pic's of it along the way:)
Thanks for sharing ~

Now about those flinging poodles..

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger lash505 said...

Looking nice the roof is important.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yay! Congrats!
It's beautiful! And just in time, from the sounds of things.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Very, very cool. Now, let me give you directions to my house....

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Congratulations ! ! !

Looking good.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger JJ said...

A roof over my head is always something I've been grateful for! I'm sure you are too.
I see you,
JJ

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Now you can really sit in your home and listen to the drops fall on your roof. Without the worries you will be able to embrace the real serenity of the showers. Very exciting and I know you will have a new cleansing outlook on those drops falling! :)

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Whoa! Looks great! See? Your work is paying off. Take a break and have some tea.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Brian said...

If you are looking for info on a alcohol intervention then you need to do research and find the one that works for you. Thanks for the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home