Sunday, October 01, 2006

I haven't written anything this last week cause I can't think of anything important to say. It is rare for me to be speechless. After the roof was installed, I felt I could relax a bit, and do some serious playing. I did what I do best - I over-booked this past week, and exhausted myself. Part of me just wants to go find a cave, crawl in, and rest for a bit.

I met some new, interesting women recently. They love to dance, but more importantly, they love to dance with me. That is a big change from my last girlfriend. She was trained as a dancer, but when it came to dancing with me, she preferred not to. It was a sad situation that we could never resolve.

I still miss my ex, but I can quickly let go, and focus my attention on something else. I am slowly getting back to who I really am, and who I was before the relationship started unraveling, and becoming unhealthy. I am grateful for the program, and all the different people who belong to it. The program has given me a way to get back on track, and live a healthier life. All I need to do is have the desire to do the footwork.

13 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Continue to get to know yourself . . . yes doing the action results in things so brilliant.

Keep the boogie shain'!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Cool - any tips about finding these women who like to dance? Are you going to a club?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boogie ..woogie ..boogie ..woogie danc'in shoes...keep me danc'in all niggghhhtt...

Hi Sober at Sundown!
Seems like you are doing good.
I think we are meant to get to know ourselves ,slowly,in recovery and in life.Otherwise we may rush in to an unhealthy relationship with ourselves..lol
You sound grateful and healhty!
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

The dancing sounds like just the right remedy at the right time.

Keep on dancin..

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Those celebrations often result in that desire to hide, at least with me they do. And please tell those girls who like to dance with you if they have any lonely brothers, they can send them my way. I can help.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Keep dancing

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I once dated a guy who would not dance at all. After three years I broke up with him for many reasons. Don't you know he started dancing after we split! Not that I wanted him back but it just sooo typical. John LOVES dancing. That is how we met.

PS ~ I ripped out a door and all the frame work. I figure if you can do all that stuff I can do at least one room. The walls are comin down next. ;)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

Dancing is just magic, isn't it?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

If you can dance, the 12 Step dance will be easier. Maybe. Thanks for the post!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

EM- No tips for finding women.... They seem to be coming out of the woodwork. I go to a club, and belong to a tango club. I think I am more relaxed and possibly more approachable.

Tab - makin the best of my situation. Thanks for your support.

Daniel - I will keep my eye out for you.

Gwen - you go girl.

MC - dancing is soooo magical.

Thanks Brain.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger lash505 said...

No worries I don't know what I am talking about half the time .lol

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger KMae said...

YEA!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home