Friday, September 15, 2006

Sorry that I haven't been posting very much lately. The air is getting cold, and the rainy season is slowly approaching. I am trying to get the roof ready for the roofers so the house will be sealed up. I feel like I am starting to make a little progress with this project, but some days I get really discouraged. I am working hard, but things never quite get completely finished. I have been within reach of getting the roof on, and the stucco applied for weeks now. The inspector came and signed me off for the framing with a few minor additions (he always finds something to add) so I am very close. I want to stop worrying, and step into phase 2 where the real fun begins.

I have decided to take the entire weekend off, and just play. Today, after my carpenter left, I went shopping. I want to send a friend who lives in Alaska some bubble bath. I should know better to go into a soap store unsupervised....... I went in for one bottle of bubble bath, and left with two bottles of bubble bath, and four bottles of lotion. To decide which two I will keep, I have applied Coconut Lime Verbena to my left arm, Pear Blossom to my right arm, Lavender Vanilla to my left leg, and Orange Ginger to my right leg. I am leaning towards the Coconut Lime, and Orange Ginger; both of them have a really nice citrus bite.

Usually I work on Saturday, but not tomorrow. I am going fencing. My buddies, and my coach are getting a bit irritated that I haven't had the energy to fence. I am really out of practice, but that is what they are going to get - an easy target..... or, I should say, an easier target.

Sunday, is an all Women's Tango party. I haven't been doing much tango in the last several months, so it will be good to get back in the swing, or should I say the tango of things.

Life is good. If I wasn't living the sober lifestyle I wouldn't be able to work hard and accomplish something, or play hard and enjoy my time here on earth. Bloggers have a great weekend. Any special plans in the making?
.
The new windows, and new garage in the front of my house.

My new windows in the rear of my house.



Epiphyllum strictum

10 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger lash505 said...

Very cool redoing the house sober. It is like a fresh start.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Lavender. Vanilla. Leg. :)

Looks and sounds like you've been busy. Time to play. Enjoy.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Oh hey! That really looks nice! What a major accomplishment! Very nice!
Great job!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your house looks FAB!! Great work.
I was happy to hear you are giving yourself a break and making time for yourself..and others.Your friend in Alaska will appreciate your thoughfulness I am sure.

You sound wonderful my friend:)

Thanks for sharing ~

ps.I have to go bubble bath shopping now..thanks....and
lotion shopping...jeese I can
smell it already :P

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

It does look very, very nice. Good for you for giving yourself some time off.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You really are amazing. I am in awe. Please keep posting your progress. It is inspiring. Positive. And best of all proof. Proof of many things.

Have a GREAT day ;)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

I am gonna have to hire you to help update some parts of my home. You have magical hands!

I am so glad to see your post. :)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

House is taking shape, taking time to pamper you, giving to a friend...very cool! Good for you!!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sundown~ No thank God I am not pregnant with twins. That is my girly across the street Alirad. Sober too and we have known each other since we had ~ me one year and her two years. I am GaGa to her little ones. You will see me post lots about "the girls" and who know what the twins will be. She is going to have four kids under five. 4(in January), 2 and newborns. Yikes. Girlfriend is going to need some serious GaGa hands to help.

Peace~
G

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home