Sunday, October 14, 2007

I guess I haven't posted any photos in a long time. So, for my blogging buddies I will try to paint a picture.... There isn't a whole lot that is visibly different with my house. Last Friday, the painters started painting the exterior trim. I just don't have what it takes to paint, so I have to pay someone to do it.

The front trim color.

The rear trim color.

The front color is a greenish gray, and the rear trim color is a grayish gray. I chose a color that was more compatible with the brick deck in the back. After the trim is painted then the stucco guys will come back and put the final color on the stucco.
Last weekend I went up to a friend's greenhouse. I wanted to buy 2 Paphiopediluum orchids. 2 very small orchids. Since I have torn down all my covered porches I don't have anywhere to put my orchids right now, but I thought 2 more wouldn't hurt. Once an addict, always.........


He decided to give me 1-1/2 pallets of orchids. Some had some frost damage, and the box of bulbophyyllums, well, he just wanted to get me started on a collection.

So, now I need to build an overhang to keep my orchids from the sun.......
I will post photos of the white hairy ones next time.

9 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, can't wait to see the picture of them all in blooooooom!

Happy Monday :)

Love and friendship,
G~

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Wow, looking good!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

An orchid addict?
OA?
Oh no, Mr Bill!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Looking good! Can hardly wait to see the bloomin' orchids.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Those are beautiful plants!

Trim's nice too.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Looks good!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

It just looks the same to you because you look at it everyday.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Looks wonderful!

What a great gift, to have so many beautiful orchid plants.

Please post pictures when they bloom.

My hsuband is an orchid 'addict' if you will.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Joan Brown said...

When our practice got started we needed medical insurance billing help. These were the guys we turned to and they did a great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home