Monday, October 29, 2007



The last 2 weeks have been very trying. I lost my "Old Guy", Mr. Kodi. He had tumors on his spleen that grew rapidly, robbed his blood supply, and pushed on his heart and lungs. I haven't grieved yet, partly because I am tired of losing those I love, and partly because Southern California started burning.

Several of my friends were evacuated during this tragedy, and I spent sleepless nights last week waiting to see if it was my turn. My neighbors and I were on rooftops during the early morning hours watching the fires move down the mountains. It is very interesting how the mind works when faced with making split second decisions.

Now, the winds have died down, and the fires are reluctantly surrendering their power. My friends lost their house and all the dog out-buildings. They lost everything except what they evacuated with. Now, they are staying at my house. two humans and a boat load of poodles...... Life throw so many curves.

I haven't had much time to visit your blogs. I hope you are all doing well, and I will visit as soon as I can.

5 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

Life literally hits close to home.
Try to keep smiling and remember your priorities.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Hope that you and your friends are doing better. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

WoW. Take your time, sorry for your loss and your friends' travails.

May Peace Be with You All.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Life is indeed in session for you today.

Know that this too shall pass.

Tomorrow, 11/5, I turn 16! Thought that might be a bright spot for you. I know when I share with someone, it lifts my spirits.

Much peace to you.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger John said...

Do you need info on different types of eating disorders? Then articles like this one can really help you out. Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home