Friday, August 18, 2006

Another week has passed me by. I don't have anything to blog about except to share a few pictures of the progress of my house. Sorry folks, I wish I had a more interesting, juicy life to blog about, but it is rather boring right now. Work, work, work is all I do......

So, for show and type:



Here is my front yard on Tuesday....... On the right is the 8'x16'x8' trash container and my trusty wheelbarrow. The old roof is in the foreground, and the pile of debris is as tall as me (5-4).

.

And here is my front yard today. It took four days to put all that construction debris in that 8'x16'x8' trash container. I still have more to put in there, but I haven't removed it from the house yet. That is my goal for tomorrow.

.
For something a little more interesting, here is a picture of Paphiopedilum Prince Edward of York that is starting to bloom.

10 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger KMae said...

Dang! That's amazing. Did you have to do that all yourself or did you have some help getting all that shit in the dumpster???

Hey, Check the latest meme on my blog. Mentioned sobriety... Always good to remember & be grateful!
http://journals.aol.com/kmb524/KMaeToday

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Making progress. That's a beautiful thing. Take time for you too!! Keep coming back!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

That looks like too much work.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW ~ absolutely amazing. Back breaking work and at the end a beautiful flower to look at. Your amazing ;)

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that you share all your hard work then finish this post with a lovely blooming flower:)
Thanks for sharing~

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

WOWsers, I bet you are gaining so much muscle definition! Saweeet! Baby steps. Enjoy the process,try to at least. It is easy for an outsider to suggest that I know.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

That's a lot of junk. I love what you did with the yard.
And that's a gorgeous shot of the Prince Edward. Did you take it?

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Yep, too much work for me!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Kmae, Yes, I did all that myself. It took several days in the hot sun, but I finally got it all in. Tomorrow, they come to pick up the bin. BTW, I read your blog all the time. I can't comment on it because I don't belong to aol.

Brain, I try to take time for me..... Sometimes I just run out of time.

daave, it feels like too much work, too.

Gwen, Tab, thank you. I will try to post more flowers with the construction photos.

Sober Chick, surprisingly, I am getting incredibly strong, but not building much mass. It could be that I don't do enough repetition work.

Daniel, yes I did take that photo.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger nora said...

This article was really helpful, thanks for posting it. When I needed help with finding
intervention alcohol for the abuse I was having I knew that there was help that I could find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home