Wednesday, August 09, 2006

As of today, I have a new carpenter helping me. I am glad the other guy is gone. He made a mess of things, and argued with me at every step. The new guy, Manny is a nervous Nelly, but he is not hard of hearing, and he doesn't argue with me. We worked all day long, and not a single argument. The other guy, Gary had his antenna out looking for any statement from me that he could disagree with. I didn't realize how exhausting that really was.

Manny comes with his own set of character defects (Not that I am taking his inventory.....). First, he was late, which is in direct conflict with my obsession of being on time. When he left for lunch, his car broke down, and it took him 2 hours to get back. He blew my circuits several times with all his power tools, which took quite a bit of time to get things up and running again. But, he didn't argue with me. It really made for a pleasant day, out in the hot sun pounding nails.

I am hoping to have an roof inspection on Friday. I will take some pictures when all the framing is done and post them here.

FYI, I am going to change my name from Clean & Sober to Sober at Sundown. It seems a number of bloggers are having trouble with Clean & Sober as a name, so I decided to make who I am online simpler to understand.

13 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger KMae said...

I think Sober@Sundown is very clever, altho' I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with Clean & Sober.
Congrats on getting a new helper that is giving you more peace. Tell him he needs to be on time because you really appreciate his talent & don't want to have hire another. You are still The Boss!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally just call you Sobes as it sounds more personal the Clean
hope that hasn't offended you??

Great to hear you are in the company of a better worker nowadays.
Your place must be really coming along!Post pics when ya can.

I hope all is well in your world :)

Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Sounds great that this new carpenter is helping you get moving on the house - hope the inspection goes well.

I like Sober at sundown as it makes you sound like a gunfighter, facing off your own battle at the OK corral.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I think that it's a great name. For some reason, I always say "Clean and Clear", like the soap. LOL

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Sounds good!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

I think Sober @ Sundown is cool. Clean & Sober is cliche...Anyway, you sure do a lot of hard work. It will pay big dividends. Good for you!!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a good day with your new worker. I would get tired of the argumentative type too. I am not THAT well!

Whatever you decide to call yourself ~ its allllll goooood.

Hope your weekend is great.

G~

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Hi, Sober
As PT Barnum said, you can't go wrong underestimating the intelligence of the public.
Just look at politics and government for proof of that statement.
I think both names are good.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are linked from my blog as Sober at Sundown.
Is it okay if I call you Sobes for short?If not , I won't.
Hope you are well:)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

Good luck with the inspection.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

When I am at meetings, I introduce myself as My name is _______, and I am clean & sober." I choose to do this because I did drugs and alcohol. People in the program understand what this means, but those outside in Normal Land are a bit perplexed, and don't really know what to call me. Sober at Sundown is, for me, a daily goal. If I can make it till sundown without using than I have had some success in my day.

Tab - you can call me sobes, if you would like.

Thanks for all your positive support for my name choice.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sober @ Sundown.
I LOVE your name here and I am one who can relate to both issues
with drugs AND alcohol abuse.
I will call you Sober@Sundown more often my friend :)
Thanks for sharing ~

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger madameplushbottom said...

Good Morning ambitous lady. Building a house, that's great! My only experience with that has been through habitat for humanity and that was a wonderful time.

Thanks for stopping by my place, I'll have to settle in some day soon and get busy reading. Looks like you've been around here a bit and I'm surpirsed I haven't run across you.

Keep up the hard work! Meg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home