Sunday, August 13, 2006

Well, I know everyone has been checking my blog in anticipation of the latest house construction photos. I aim to please, so without further dialogue, my roof in it's present condition. I know that you would all quickly bypass any body shots, or poodle shots, and go directly to the truss shots so, for your viewing pleasure, I have included them too. I am almost ready for framing inspection, but we keep finding things that need to be fixed.

My new carpenter is a good carpenter, and he knows his trade, but he comes with his own style of mental illness. Hopefully, I can tolerate his defects, and he can tolerate mine to get the framing done. I would love to get the house sealed up soon so I can relax and maybe take a small break. I am getting really tired of working so hard.......

The new roof........

The truss shot everyone has been waiting for........
The new living room wall.......

11 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hubba ..hubba..those are some hot trusses! (construction worker whistles here.....) LOL
Awesome job Sober at Sundown..
You have been working your butt off.
Good for you.I still want to see swimming poodles but I can wait,I see you have other things to do right now.Thanks for sharing~

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Wow, amazing!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

That's a lot of work!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger KMae said...

Outrageous! congrats.
That pool looks beautiful! Dang, you have a pool!!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

That's really coming along well! Congratulations!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Slowly and somewhat surely it's taking shape. It's becoming a house! congrats on all the hard work and the success so far.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am coming over to jump in that pool!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

My family built an indoor covered riding arena, 60X120, almost olympic size. You can imagine the trusses for that. But to do a home, there's just so Much involved. This looks so great.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are very impressive ~ I sooo wish I could build ANYTHING!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Very impressive, once you are done - can you bring your strange carpenter guy over to my place? I pay in books - is that a good incentive?

Really, congrats - hope you get a break soon

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Some days I think I am totally crazy for attempting this endeavor.

Tab, have to wait on the diving poodle pics. Kodiak just got groomed, and he is clean. In this environment it is really hard to keep a white poodle clean for very long.

Shannon, come on over, and you can swim any time.

Gwen, you can do anything you set your mind to. You just start at the beginning and take it one task at a time. When you don't know something, just ask for help.

EM, You can have him when I am done. He is a great carpenter, a little screwed up, and never on time. I don't think he will work for books though. You might have to come up with a different source of payment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home