Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gay Pride was fun. What can I say, I feel so at home with a bunch half naked women, and men dressed up as women (and I mustn't forget all the handsome men that are totally ripped). I went to both the parade and the festival. I only walked about 4 or 5 miles, but it felt like a marathon. I saw some old friends I haven't seen in a while, and was able to get some dancing in at the festival.

BTW, I saw that girl that was hitting on me Thursday night, and I was completely unimpressed. I am grateful that I didn't pursue anything. It's amazing how a different environment will illuminate personalities. It was fun cruzing, but she is definitely not my type.

After stopping at home for a quick bite and a shower, I ventured down to the bar to do some more dancing. I connected with a woman that I usually only greet and walk on by. We had a blast. I never realized how funny she was . We tried dancing together, but we giggled through most of it. Neither one of us was able to lead the other. I couldn't see around her cause she was too tall, and she usually follows so is a bit rusty on leading.

Needless to say, I stayed out way too late on Saturday. Sunday was a bust. I didn't even have the energy to go poodle diving......

11 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Y'all just now had Gay Pride week?
It was the last week of June in most places, I think.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gay Pride Week here is the first week of August.

I am so glad you had some fun ,
saw some old pals and met up with someone who makes you laugh!
Awesome:)

I cannot wait to see some pic's of flinging poodles..hheehehe
or at least a picture of you teaching a dog back stroke..lol

Thanks for sharing Sobes ~

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger KMae said...

Yea for Good Pride Fun!!!
Now take a nap.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

I am so jazzed to hear you had a blast and connected to some beautiful people.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

ONLY 4 or 5 miles? Good for you!! I'd be hauled off on a gurney...Oh, just a note about pounding nails. It always helped me to put a face on the head of the nail....

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had some fun. My doc told me there has to be an equal balance between work and play. You work very hard so it was time to play hard!

G~

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same as dAAve--Gay Pride just now in August?
Whenever it is, I, too, have a great time and feel at home there.
One more thing, cruising is always more fun for me than the actual deal -- I guess the chase part is always better for this addict.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

glad you had fun - and yeah, I always recommend checking out the women hitting on you in different lights (like daylight!). Have had the same dancing difficulty - it's kinda like a game of spin the bottle called, "Whose leading?" And being taller, I get tired of the "you're taller, you lead" thing - still, sounds like fun.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yay! That's great! I'm glad that you had such a good time. (You really deserve it!!!)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

In Southern California we have a number of cities in close proximity that celebrate Gay Pride. There is Long Beach, which kicks off the season, Pasadena, Palm Springs, San Diego, and LA. Why my city celebrates the last weekend in July, I don't know.........

Thank you for stopping by and supporting me.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Fun is important

 

Post a Comment

<< Home