Sunday, August 27, 2006

This was a good weekend. I found some peace inside, and once I recognized what I was feeling, I opened myself up to experience it fully. It is so wonderful to be completely present for such a positive feeling. Granted, the whole weekend wasn't like this, but those brief moments can add such joy to life.

Friday, my carpenter decided to take a four hour lunch. I was so pissed I could barely contain myself. I couldn't get his saw to work, so I picked up the nail gun, and started putting up the 4'x8' plywood sheathing on the garage. He showed up when I was doing this and got really nervous, and jumped in to help. He was so shocked that he actually showed up on time Saturday morning. That nail gun is a neat tool. I enjoyed using it.

Saturday, I went out dancing. I was given the opportunity to do a tenth step, and I was happy to set things right. A while back, I was very sarcastic with a woman at the dance hall. I was upset with something about my ex, and I was an asshole to her. I knew I had to make amends, but didn't see her for a long, long time. On Saturday she was there. I went up to her, and told her that I treated her badly, and that I was sorry for it. She, a normie, was shocked at first, then held out her hand for me to shake, and said she was an ass too. I don't really think she was, but that is what she recalls. It felt good to make amends, and resolve that experience.

When I was leaving one of the guys who works security stopped me, and went on and on about what a great dancer I was. He insisted that he knows because he works there, and watches everyone dance. He went on to say that I was the best dancer in the place (not really true, but I sure soaked it up). I thanked him for his kind words, and said goodnight.

Today, I went to hang out with old friends at a dog show. I haven't seen these folks for almost a year. When a friend came walking up to me I smiled and said, "Hi". She stopped, paused, and said, "You know, the older you get, the more beautiful you become". I was so flabbergasted, all I could do is stumble around for a 'thank you'. Wow! This comment came from a straight woman!

What a joy to be spoken of so well. I have allowed my ex to run my ego deep into the ground. My self esteem is pretty much non-existent these days, so I can easily be blown away with kind words. This was the grand finale to my weekend.

My friends dogs for you to enjoy.....




Clark, a handsome male Standard Poodle.


Hearts, a beautiful female Standard Poodle.

8 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post..giving insight to your world over and above the hard labour of your home.
I love that you allow yourself to enjoy so many things in life..!
Your dogs are amazingly well groomed..do they wear swim caps in the pool? LOL great pictures:)
Thanks for sharing you beautiful woman you!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Wow, that was some pretty effusive compliments - cool!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Those are some great pictures. ANd what a wonderful compliment :) No lie there I am sure!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

Ummmmm nail gun.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yay! Nail guns and dancing! Woo woo! My kind of weekend.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Sobriety suites you. These compliments show that. Sometimes people see things we cannot see huh? Good for you and way to go!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Christie

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"This comment came from a straight woman!"

You are too cute ;) It is great when you find those moments of peace. They come thru and reflect your outside as well. I am sure you had a beautiful aura that was glowing. I have never seen you and I think your beautiful ~ and hey I am a straight woman! hehehe ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home