Monday, November 12, 2007

By the grace of a higher power, a whole lot of help from my friends, and a pinch of good luck, I have managed to stay clean and sober for another year. Today, I have celebrated my twenty fifth birthday.

Life is still a bit stressful, but we are all trying to coexist in the tiny space of my house. My friends are stilled camped out in my living room with all their dogs. For the most part I enjoy having company. The noise from all the dogs stresses me out, but I am trying to get through it. It seems so minor compared to their predicament. I didn't loose everything, I still have a house to go home to..... It's a bit stinky right now, but that doesn't matter cause it's still a work in progress.

Thank you all for your kindness, support and friendship.

7 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 25 years, Holy Cow!!! You sure have built a very strong spiritual foundation over these years. It aids you when things occur that are a little out of control. You are fit internally and I embrace this as Hope for myself. It is a gift, what beauty.

May you enjoy your BD week. Such a miracle!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

25 years is amazing. Amazing. I just found your site. I started my own. Will you take a look at it? It's helping me stay sober. It's insearchofmycreator.blogspot.com. How did you make your site look so amazing? p.s. I'm very sorry about your dog.:(

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Truly, a stinky house..better than the alternatives. Plus, it won't be stinky forever (as you point out).

WTG!!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

That is Fantastic!!!!
Congrats!!
Sorry for being delinquent in dropping by.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Even if it is late. That is so awesome, and a milestone indeed. A long time between drinks, that is for sure.

Today, there is so much in my life that has happened that I say would have been unhandable had I been drinking.

Thank you for sharing this milestone with me.

I have a new post you might like. It is fun (for women)

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit -- 25 years is amazing, sundown!
Ive been a bit out of the loop. Sorry I havent been there to support you more.
Peace,
Scout

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger nora said...

Thanks for the info. Dealing with addiction is hard and if you are looking for executive rehab then help is out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home