Monday, December 31, 2007

Another year has passed....... I spent the morning sitting outside, enjoying the cool air and quiet sounds of the neighborhood. I am looking forward to 2008, and started thinking about my new goals.

I looked at the goals I had for 2007 and only achieved a portion of them. I still have my ex, NVF in the past. Unfortunately, I have taken her out quite frequently to examine the extend that I was fooled. I am completely amazed at what a sucker I was. On the brighter side, I have finally reached the point where I want to date again. I am actually excited about the prospect.

My dancing partner is in the past. She is still around, but I don't communicate with her at all. It is sad, but she has her own path to follow, and I don't want to be on it.

My house is still not complete. The fires of southern California put a halt to any construction. My fire victims are still camped out in the living room with all their animals. It is really hard to get anything accomplished right now.

On the brighter side, I did start learning sabre fencing, and faceting in 2007. I was able to enjoy some mushroom hunting, and explore my passion for figs, and sculpture.

My goals for 2008 are much of the same. To live a clean and sober lifestyle, and enjoy exploring this wonderful world. I would like to get more focused creatively, finish my house, train my puppies, and of course, search for that "woman of my dreams".

Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments. What are your goals for 08?

7 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

PUT THE SOUND ON AND ENJOY

Happy !! New Year!!

put this in your browser address bar..
http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/static/card_16961_rs.swf

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

Good goals, although ...
the woman of your dreams will find you. She's not available for you to find.

(I KNOW YOU'VE HEARD THAT BEFORE, BUT THOUGHT I'D MENTION IT)

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Often we find that perfect someone when we least expect to, and when we're not even looking.

It's always a good choice to NOT stay on the same path with an ex, no matter how much we think we still care.

That's part of why they're exes.

Best.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Happy New Year, Sober.

Goals...to stay the course--to continue working towards helping my daughter get out on her own, helping my mother navigate her medical & emotional issues, supporting my son's theatrical pursuits and getting even closer to my lady love.

And having fun.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 08 Sundown!
Goals -- to stay clean one day at a time; to strengthen my relationship with my G-d; to write more; and to go back to work sometimes this year.
I think that's it.....
Your new doggy is adorable. And, I cant handle too much barking at once either. It goes right to the center of my head.
Love!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sundown,

Hope 2008 brings you much desired continued sobriety and peace.

Do you still have people camping out in the living room???

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Real Estates in Chennai said...


I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home